COVID UPDATE 24/03/2020
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic and the elevation of our country to Alert Level 4 on Wednesday, the team at Veterinary Health Centre want to inform you that we are an ‘essential service’ necessary to maintain animal health and welfare. We will continue to be open during the next four weeks.
We do not foresee any issues with the supply of pet foods, medicines or other products. All our suppliers will continue deliveries to us as normal. There is no need to panic or stock up.
As with all other businesses we are required to work differently to keep you and our staff safe. We need to reduce face to face contact as much as possible. We will continue to have daily appointments for essential procedures only. This may include, but is not limited to, sick or injured animals, pregnant spays, whelping bitches, puppy vaccinations and euthanasia.
Please contact the clinic by phone before coming in. This includes clients wanting to purchase pet food, flea treatment etc. We will then get the product ready for you, and will meet you at the clinic door with it, meaning you will have less contact time in the clinic (safer for you and our staff).
We also ask that:
- You don’t come to the clinic if you’re feeling ill or have any flu like symptoms.
- Only one family member brings in your pet – That person is not to have travelled outside of NZ in the last 14 days or been in contact with someone that has travelled.
- If you have had COVID-19 confirmed case in your household please inform us when you contact the clinic.
- Please pay by Eftpos or internet banking. A separate Eftpos booth is provided. We would prefer not to handle cash if avoidable.
- Instead of waiting with your pet in our waiting room, please wait in your car until the Vet is ready to see you. One of our staff will hold your pet for you while the vet examines it.
- Please respect the social distancing guidelines and stay 2m away from our staff.
We thank for your understanding and cooperation.
In Jacinda’s words, stay safe and be kind to others.
Regards the team at VHC